Fast and efficient document certification - cheaper than our competition!

Marriage Documents (To Marry Overseas) in Canada

Statement in lieu of non-impediment to marry abroad is just one of marriage documents that Canada Legalization Services legalizes at foreign embassies International Marriage for Canadians.
When Canadian citizens or permanent residents intend to marry foreign nationals abroad, it is often required by overseas authorities to produce several documents as follows:
  • Certificate of Non-Impediment to Marriage Abroad
  • Statutory Declaration of Single Status
  • Single, widow/widower or divorced status proof
  • Other documents such as copy of Canadian Passport and Birth Certificate etc...
As Canada now is a part of the Hague Apostille Convention, the foreign authorities may require the above documents to be apostilled or authenticated by the Global Affairs of Canada (former Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (DFAIT) or at the provincial level and legalized by their foreign Embassy/Consulate via chain legalization process.
According to Canadian legislation, the aforementioned Certificates of Non-Impediment to Marriage Abroad do not exist (in principle) but Canadian authorities issue Statements In-Lieu of Certificate of Non-Impediment to Marriage Abroad. Please be advised that not all country need it!
Each case is unique, so please contact us and we will provide you the right list of the documents and procedures.
To speed up the paperwork preparation process, when you contat us, please answer for the folowing questions:
  • When and where do you plan your ceremony (country)?
  • Which citizenship do you have? What about your fiancé?
  • Were you born in Canada? If not, please indicate the country. What about your fiancé?
  • Where are you physically located right now ( country, province, state, etc...)? What about your fiancé?
  • Were you married before? If yes, where did you file your divorce?
  • How old are you?
  • What type of ceremony are you planning? Civil or religious?
  • Are you planning to change your maiden name after the marriage?
Our Services
Canada Legalization Services© dealt with many marriage documents for all countries except North Korea. 
Usually, we offer our clients the following scope of services:
•    Providing list of the mandatory documents related to your marriage case.  Drafting proper Internationally recognized Statutory Declaration and additional essential paperwork within 24 hours after we get from you the relevant information.  

•    Obtaining Certificate of Non-Impediment to Marriage Abroad at the Global Affairs of Canada and authenticating other documents related to your unique situation.

•    Apostille or Legalizing the marriage documents at the relevant embassy in Canada or USA. 

•    Mailing it back to you within Canada or internationally.
Please contact us to receive a quote.