Fast and efficient document certification - cheaper than our competition!

Canadian Educational Credentials

Canadian diplomas and transcripts can be authenticated by Foreign Affairs with assistance by Canada Legalization Services Global Affairs of Canada (GAC) in Ottawa only authenticates Canadian academic credentials. In the past they did authenticate foreign diplomas and certificates but several years ago they stopped this practice. Nevertheless, please read this section about credentials from countries other than USA and Canada.
As Canada is not a party to The Hague Apostille Convention, the procedure to get your Canadian credentials recognized abroad is as follows:
  1. Authentication at GAC - please note that in many cases foreign Embassies/Consulates will not legalize documents based on provincial authentication only so if the document has already been authenticated by a province, additional authentication will be necessary by DFAIT.
  2. Legalization at a foreign Embassy/Consulate in Canada (mainly in Ottawa)
  3. In rare cases, the foreign country of use may require super-legalization with additional authentication at a Canadian Embassy in that country and final legalization in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Please be advised that some embassies require the additional verification letters (or original transcripts) to be mailed them directly from your University (College) Registrar offices.

For Canada Legalization Services to be able to authenticate and/or legalize your academic credentials in a foreign embassy/consulate, we will need the following from you:
  1. Photocopy of your credentials notarized as true and accurate copy by Canadian Lawyer, Notary Public or Commissioner-of-Oaths.
  2. Photocopy of your credentials for foreign Embassy/Consulate records (if you want us to legalize your documents as well).
  3. Payment in the form described in our Payment Methods section and amount described in our Canadian Fees section.
  4. Self-addressed envelope with prepaid airway bill. You can use any courier company but we strongly suggest using FedEx, UPS or DHL for faster return of your documents. If you do not enclose return envelope, we will return your documents either via either standard or registered mail Canada Post.
We hope to hear from you soon!